12th World Islamic Economic Forum, Jakarta.
Each year, the Muslim Council of Britain organises a delegation of professionals, community leaders and entrepreneurs to the annual World Islamic Economic Forum (WIEF) with the aims of sharing experiences, developing new ideas and networking.
From the 2nd – 4th August 2016, delegates will enjoy a unique opportunity to participate in a historic forum drawing together professionals and decision-makers from a wide range of Muslim countries.
• To enhance the economic well-being of the people of Muslim nations and Muslim communities worldwide through increasing trade and business opportunities amongst them, as well as the world at large.
• To package the Muslim world as a lucrative trade and investment caucus that is able to attract foreign investors and business partners from various countries worldwide.
• To strengthen networking and foster strategic alliances through the exchange of ideas, information and knowledge.
• To promote dialogue and foster cooperation among the Muslim and non-Muslim businessmen in the belief that collaboration is the salient feature of the 21st century international relations. Business partnerships can become genuine bridges towards peace and prosperity between the Muslim and non-Muslim world.
Benefits to delegates
• Unique networking opportunities with other delegates from a variety of professional and community backgrounds.
• Excellent networking opportunities. Contribute to the formulation of policies for the socio-economic development of Muslim communities. Experience the culture and business environment of the host country.
The MCB will allocate delegate passes to individuals based on the strength of their application. The MCB committee will take into consideration the need to have a diverse delegation in terms of gender, profession and community involvement. There are no restrictions on age or occupation.
Please note that an application fee of £100 will be payable to the MCB to cover administration costs and also delegates shall be responsible for arranging and paying for their own flights and accommodation for the conference.
Applicants must be a resident in or national from, the United Kingdom and Europe; exceptions are made on a case by case basis.
Deadline for applications is Friday 17th June 2016.