BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS COMMITTEE
- To propose economic policies advantageous to businesses generally but Muslim businesses in particular.
- To respond to Government consultations in respect of economic policies affecting Muslim businesses, Islamic Finance, and trade with Muslim countries.
- To develop cooperation and trade, and encourage networking among Muslim businesses in Britain and Muslim countries.
- To encourage the take-up and understanding of, and infrastructure compatibility with, the principles of Islamic Finance in Britain.
- To identify and develop good practice and standards among Muslim businesses and in Islamic Finance.
- To develop and promote resources, and provide guidance for Muslim businesses within the UK and businesses from the Muslim countries wanting to trade with Britain.
- To provide a voice and forum for the Muslim business community and represent their views to the media, local and central government on issues that affect their businesses.
- To provide Muslim businesses with access to opportunities for enhancing their commercial skills and business competitiveness.
- To organize conferences, exhibitions, seminars, lectures and publicity campaigns on issues commensurate with the above objectives.
- Leveraging its experience to provide internal support to the MCB's infrastructure such as the development of Request For Proposals, Procurement Tenders, Project Specifications, Service Level Agreements and other similar activities.