24-26 January 2011
At Holiday Inn, Salmiyah, Kuwait
The conference is organized by the Ministry of Awqaf & Islamic Affairs of Kuwait, Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research, and GCC Standardization Organization, the General Authority of Industry (Kuwait).
Ministers and MPs will address the conference. The panel of over 40 invited speakers from various parts of the world (including seven from the UK) will cover the following important topics:
1. Halal Industry and Services: Introduction and terminology.
2. The chemical status of the components of foods, food additives, medicines and cosmetics.
3. Halal international specifications and their application in the Islamic world.
4. Unknown facts on the use of Stunning (electric shock, and concussion), its legality and the concept of Istihala.
5. Halal Industry and Services: Obstacles over the past 30 years and solutions.
6. Analytical results by modern techniques: What do they tell us, and how can they be religiously interpreted.
7. Economical, commercial, educational, tourism and media aspects of the Halal industry and services.
8. A number of recommendations aimed at promoting the concept of legality and safety for the Halal industry and services.
Further information from: Dr. Hani Mansour Al-Mazeedi: