A seminar exploring the implications of increasing counter terror legislation and rising extremism, and how peaceful Muslims caught in the middle can navigate the terrain drawing on the middle path traditions of Islam.
Saturday 30th May 2015 | 2pm
London Muslim Centre | 4th Floor Seminar Room
Topics & Speakers:
Understanding the Counter Terror Legislation and how it affects ordinary Muslims
- MCB Panel of Dr. Shuja Shafi (Secretary General), Harun Rashid Khan (Deputy-Secretary General), Khalid Sofi (Legal Affairs), and Miqdaad Versi (Assistant Secretary General). Also featuring Dal Babu (Metropolitan Police).
- Neil Jameson (CEO, Citizens UK)
- Dr. Abdul Bari (London Muslim Centre)
- Dr Mahera Ruby (Parenting Consultant)
- Sh. Zillani Miah (Beyond Boundaries)
Sahar Al Faifi (MCW)
Who is the course for?
- Community organisers and activists who face questions on this topic
- Mosque representatives seeking to provide guidance to their congregation on this issue
- Educational institutions and teachers, who may be facing questions on extremism
- Anyone else who wants to understand how to avoid becoming innocent victims of extreme legislation or extremist ideology.
How to Register
- Registration is on first come first serve basis. As places are limited, you are advised to register early and no later than Thursday 28th May 2015, at 9:00 pm
- Please register online via eventbrite link – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/navigating-extremes-muslims-in-the-middle-registration-16766165051
2pm – 6pm
If you would like to find out more information about ICBI please contact Sara Corda (Administrator) via e: [email protected] or t: 0207 492 4987
We are grateful to the London Muslim Centre for providing the venue for this program.
About the MCB
The Muslim Council of Britain is the UK’s largest Muslim umbrella body with over 500 affiliated national, regional and local organisations, mosques, charities and schools. it is an inclusive umbrella organisation that represents the interests of Muslims in Britain.
It was founded in 1997, and is pledged to work for the common good of society as a whole. Over the years it has built its reputation on consultation, co-operation and co-ordination among Muslim institutions and concerned Muslims in Britain. It aims to enable the Muslim community to realise its full potential by participating in and contributing to the wider society.
The Institutional Capacity Building Initiative (ICBI) is an important initiative towards achieving this aim.
For further information please contact:
The Muslim Council of Britain
PO Box 57330, London, E1 2WJ
Tel: 0845 26 26 786
Fax: 0207 247 7079