Empowering the future female leaders of our mosques today
- Are you a woman who is active in organizing events or initiatives in your local community, mosque or university student society?
- Are you interested in making an impact in a leadership role in a mosque or third sector organisation in future?
The Women in Mosques Development Programme is a unique 6-month intensive development programme designed to support talented female leaders navigate their way through the board rooms and management committees of mosque and third sector organisations.
It is a known fact that many mosques in the UK have few or no females on their trustee or management boards and more widely research by the Charity Commission last year reveals that men outnumber women in all charity trustee boards in general by two to one. This lack of diversity is unacceptable and it is essential for the management boards of mosques and third sector organisations in general to reflect the communities that they serve in order to function effectively.
This development programme is designed to accelerate 15 Muslim female leaders into mosque and third sector trustee and management roles by:
– Assigning a mentor (current mosque trustee or centre manager)
– Visits to best practice mosques across the UK
– Bespoke media training
– Charity Commission guidance training
– Networking with mosques and charities actively looking to recruit female trustees and managers
Who can apply:
– Active Muslim women based in the UK
– Must demonstrate previous experience in organizing community events or activities
– Must be available for programme events between July and December 2018
How to apply:
To apply, fill in the short form on the button below:
Apply by 30 April 2018
– Application deadline is 30 April 2018
– Applicants will be informed by 31 May 2018
– Programme runs from July to December 2018
Training sessions will be free and travel bursaries available to successful applicants.
The Women in Mosques Development Programme is one of a number of initiatives planned by the Muslim Council of Britain in 2018 and beyond to support the capacity building of women in Muslim communities, as part of a broader programme to support mosques across the UK. For further information please email [email protected]